A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We will not use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Groves Gas Ltd. 25 Court Road Industrial Estate, Cwmbran NP44 3AS.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
• cookie_notice_accepted – Determines whether the visitor has accepted the cookie consent box. This ensures that the cookie consent box will not be presented again upon re-entry.
• _ga – Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the web site.
• _gat – Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate
• _gid – Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the web site.
• _fbp – Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.
• fr – Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.
• r/collect h – is cookie is used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behavior. It tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.
• tr – Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google.
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm you have given them the information set out in this document, and that they have given permission for us to use their personal information in the way we have described in this section.
- You can change your communication preferences at any time.
- Ask us to remove your personal information from our records.
- Update or amend the information we hold about you if it is incorrect.
- Object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes.
- You are entitled to have a copy of the information we hold on you and to have any inaccurate information corrected. We may charge a small fee for providing a copy of any information we hold about you.
- Our website(s) or emails, may from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertiser and affiliates. If you follow a link to any website, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please address any queries or requests to us in writing.